Art and Science of Sedation – Minimal Enteral Sedation
Date: July 11, 12, & 13, 2013
Time: 9am â 5 pm
Credits: 21Â hours for Minimal Enteral Sedaiton permit
Tuition: $1,495.00 dentistÂ
Location: OHSU/OAGD Department of Continuing Education, 611 SW Campus Dr. Portland OR 97239
- Develop a plan for every sedation appointment to ensure safe, effective minimal enteral sedation.Â
- Understand the pharmacology of oral sedatives and identify the most appropriate agent for each patient.Â
- Employ strategies for pre-emptive analgesia and post-op analgesia.
- Utilize the proven ârecipeâ for post-operative pain control that DOES NOT include narcotics.Â
- Learn new techniques for administering flumazenil and strategies for patients who may require an alternative approach: another arrow in your quiver.
- Learn how to select appropriate patients for inhalational and minimal sedation â Know who to treat and who to refer.
- Make pharmacology clinically useful through understanding of bioavailability and half-life.Â
- Examine inhalational equipment and learn various inhalation techniques.Â
- Discuss the advantages/disadvantages and indications/contraindications of inhalational sedation.
- Review patient monitoring thoroughly – from Pulse Oximetry to Bispectral Index Analysis (BIS).
- Know the seven medications you need to have in your emergency kit and how to use them.
Email us for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to OHSU/OAGD Continuing Education DepartmentÂ
Online Registration Form
This event is fully booked.