Art and Science of Sedation – Nitrous Oxide Sedation
Date: July 11 & 12, 2013
Time: 9am â 5 pm
Credits: 14 hours for Nitrous Oxide permit
Tuition: $1,300.00 dentist / $500.00 Hygienist
Location: OHSU/OAGD Department of Continuing Education, 611 SW Campus Dr. Portland OR 97239
- Learn how to select appropriate patients for inhalational and minimal sedation â Know who to treat and who to refer.
- Make pharmacology clinically useful through understanding of bioavailability and half-life.Â
- Examine inhalational equipment and learn various inhalation techniques.Â
- Discuss the advantages/disadvantages and indications/contraindications of inhalational sedation.
- Review patient monitoring thoroughly – from Pulse Oximetry to Bispectral Index Analysis (BIS).
- Know the seven medications you need to have in your emergency kit and how to use them.
Return to OHSU/OAGD Continuing Education DepartmentÂ
Online Registration Form
This event is fully booked.