Lasers and Dentistry: Practical Uses
Bruce L. Cassis DDS, MAGD, MWCLI
Location: OHSU/OAGD Department of Continuing Education, 611 SW Campus Dr. Portland OR 97239
There are two sections to the Laser and Dentistry Course, lecture and hands on. Attendance at the lecture course is required to participate in the hands on session.
The lecture portion of this course covers the history of lasers, the physics behind laser dentistry, laser safety and an overview of the lasers available to general dentists. Participants will discuss how lasers can be successfully incorporated into the dental practice.
- Review the history of dental lasers
- Review the physics of dental lase.rs
- Describe laser energy production and its uses in dentistry.
- Define the acronym for LASER.
- Describe the hydrophotonics phenomenon.
Lecture:Â 9:00am â 12:00pm Â
The hands on (limited to 15 participants) portion will allow dentists to work with Er,Cr: YSGG laser and a diode laser on extracted teeth or pig jaws. Each participant will have the opportunity to perform common office procedures enhanced by the use of laser technologies such as Gingivectomies, Gingival Flap Procedures, Clinical Crown Lengthening, Frenulectomies, Extractions, Cavity Preparations, as well as Apicoectomies.
- Name at least 4 dental procedures enhanced or improved by the use of a laser.
- Safely demonstrate the use of an Er.Cr:Â YSGG laser and a diode laser on extracted teeth, pig jaws, or suitable substitutes.
- Demonstrate how to incorporate a dental laser into your dental practice.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a two part course: lecture and participation segments require separate registrations. You must attend the lecture to register for the hands-on portion.
Hands on: 1:00pm â 5:00pm (currently full – call 503-494-8857 to be added to the course waitlist) Â Â
Speaker: Dr. Cassis is a graduate of The University of West Virginia School of Dentistry. He has advanced training in laser dentistry, implant dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, oral sedation, occlusal diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Cassis includes in his accomplishments being awarded Mastership to the Academy of General Dentistry as well as Mastership Certification in Physics, Safety, and Regulatory Guidelines, and Clinical Applications with the Er, Cr: YSGG Laser from the World Clinical Laser Institute.
Email us for more info: email@example.com
Online Registration Form
Bookings are closed for this event.