Soft Relines for Dentures: An Expanded Function Course for Hygienists & EFDA Certified Assistants
Ensure that your staff has the proper certification and skills to provide quality relines.
Instructor: Mary Ann Haisch, RDH, MPA
Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2013
Time: 6:00 PM-9:00 PM
CE Credit: 2 CE Hours
Location: OHSU/OAGD Department of Continuing Education, 611 SW Campus Dr. Portland OR 97239
This course covers all aspects of denture relines and includes information on the materials currently available and detailed relining procedures. This expanded function course satisfies the Oregon Board of Dentistry requirement for certification.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Develop an awareness for the edentulous patient’s special needs
• Understand the physical and psychological challenge of wearing dentures
• Explore prevention strategies for edentulism
• Evaluate a medical history and determine contraindications for placing a soft denture reline
• Understand various types of soft relines and their respective applications
• Discuss over-the-counter denture products
• Understand reline materials, learn to mix and place materials in a denture and learn to place and trim them on a cast model
• Learn proper aftercare instructions
• Write an appropriate chart entry
Assistants must provide EFDA # with registration.
You need to bring: Coe-Soft, Coe-Comfort & Scissors (i.e. Suture or Crown & bridge).
Speaker: Mary Ann Haisch, RDH, MPA graduated from Clark College in 1970 and from Portland State University in 1980 with a BS in Health Education. She received her Masters of Administration from Portland State University in 1993. Since 1981, Ms. Haisch has been coordinator of the Limited Restorative Procedures class at OHSU School of Dentistry
Email us for more info: email@example.com
Online Registration Form
This event is fully booked.