Building a bridge to the future – linking humanitarian dentistry and continuing dental education in Oregon
To make this Center the best it can be, OAGDF still needs your support. We invite you to join us now!
OAGDF has successfully raised $400,000 of the $1,000,000 needed but we have a long way to go to be able to complete the project. We have an incredible offer on the table!
A GENEROUS, ANONYMOUS DONOR HAS OFFERED TO MATCH YOUR
DONATION AT THIS TIME UP TO $200,000. PLEASE HELP US REACH
$800,000 OF OUR MILLION DOLLAR GOAL NOW!
The Oregon Academy of General Dentistry Foundation is moving forward with plans to develop our own Center in the Portland area. The OAGD board envisioned the OAGD Foundation to better meet Oregonians oral health needs. In April 2018, the Foundation was officially established as a non-profit organization in Oregon. In early October 2018, the Federal Application seeking tax-exempt status was submitted. In late March 2019, the Foundation received its’ tax exempt status which means that all donations to the Foundation are now tax deductible!
OAGDF’s goal is to expand humanitarian dentistry in Oregon by linking programs for at risk Oregonians with hands-on education for Oregon’s dentists. The new Center will be a home for lifelong dental learners with modern learning technologies including distance learning capacity. The Center will provide easy access and free parking to highlight just a few of the improved amenities.
Join the OAGDF today and be part of the campaign to better serve the needs of Oregonians uniquely blended with high quality learning experiences for dental health professionals. Help us build the bridge to the future for Oregonians, dentists and dental professionals.
Who will be there:
Our Center will be the home for a multitude of humanitarian events that seek to improve the dental health of Oregonians. Service to patients will align with Continuing Dental Education. Sponsors will enjoy the increased contact with both Oregon’s dentists when visiting the Center as extensive study clubs from around the State plan to hold their events there. The Center plans also include opening a Dental Assistant Fall 2020!
Center Allows for OAGDF Humanitarian Programs:
● Home for a bank of dental equipment to be loaned to those going on dental humanitarian projects.
● Provide facilities and support for children’s dental health volunteer and children’s volunteer days
● focusing on underserved populations.
● Provide facilities and support for at-risk women’s dental health days.
● Home for a dental assisting training program
The Center will feature a variety of clinic spaces and meeting rooms providing organizational control over costs and business operations.
Space Design will include:
● Classroom for 100, dividable and available for rental for all group sizes
● Clinic with 12 chairs and a surgical operatory
● Dental Sim Lab for 18
● Live Webcasting Capacity for Interactive Long-distance Courses
● Full Dental Radiology Imaging Capacity
OAGDF needs to raise $1,000,000 to be able to complete this project and already more than $400,000 has been committed by both individuals and companies. In addition, A-Dec is donating all 12 chairs and cabinetry for the new clinic. We hope to have all of the funds committed by July 2019 to ensure that we are able to build a state-of-the-art facility, ready for our Fall 2019 Courses and Events!. Here are just a few ways to get involved:
● Operatories (12)
● X-ray area
● Dental Assistant Training Program
Other Donor Recognitions: name on the plague wall in reception area of Center
● Bernie Taylor Society (50,000-Up)
● Bill Howard Club (25,000-49,999)
● Lifelong Learners Club (10,000-24,999)
● Pay it Forward Club (5,000-9,999)
Path to the Future:
● Platinum and silver financial sponsor support levels totaling $25,000/year for five years have been established and with only a few requests so far made, $30,000/year has already been committed. If you are a Vendor who is interested in partnering with OAGD, please call our office. We look forward to talking with you.
To be involved or to make a pledge, contact:
Laura Seurynck RDH, MS
Oregon Academy of General Dentistry
13333 SW 68th Parkway, #1 Tigard, Oregon 97223